Monday, August 10, 2009

Just a couple of cards

I went to my friends wedding this weekend and decided it would be nicer to make them a card to wish them well with their new life together than just picking one up at the store. I took my cue from the invitation ... there was burgundy and pinks on the velum overlay. Using a pretty rose petal paper I found at Michael's, ribbon from the dollar store and CTMH's Sparkles here's what I came up with ...



I also needed to come up with another birthday card for a friend of mine who's birthday is tomorrow. I found these 'Simply Easy' blank card pack at Michael's on clearance and decided to use the CTMH Rustic Flowers stamp set with sweet leaf ink to create a pretty inlaid pattern. I also used that stamp set with smokey plum ink to create a background pattern on the tag (I used the 2nd generation stamping technique I learned when I attended a card workshop with Krista) along with the Say It In Style to add the sentiment. I hope my friend likes it.



Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment