Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Couple of Cards

Two of my friends just told me that they are expecting ... actually, they are due within a week or two of each other. So, I decided to make each of them a card congratulating them on the exciting news. However, I didn't want to make the conventional 'Congratulations, you're expecting' card. So, when I saw this stamp in the dollar bin at Michaels (actually, it's a $1.50 bin in Canada) I knew it would be perfect. I stamped it a few times on a piece of patterned paper from the K&Co 'Wild Raspberry' collection and cut out the dress portion of the image. Then I decided to give it a little more 'pop' and cut the belly part out of a couple more images and attached it to the dress with some pop dots. I then stamped the image on some white card stock after I had added some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tattered Rose. I then added some ribbon and rounded the corners on the smaller card.

The cards definitely have a 'girly' feel to them, but I figured it's ok 'cause the cards are for the moms-to-be.



Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura.....great cards....and I adore this colour combo...Love your blog template...perfect for the crafty world.
    Cheers Brenda

    ReplyDelete