Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new post for the new year

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I know holidays are usually pretty crazy, but this year my holiday season was particularly insane. I had Christmas eve off for the first time in forever, which was nice 'cause it meant we could get over to my aunt and uncle's place early in the afternoon. There was 12 of us for dinner ... and it was my cousin's baby's first Christmas, so it was extra special. Then Christmas morning was spent at my mom's ... it was quiet - just the two of us drinking coffee and chatting. Then we went over to my mom's best friend's house for Christmas dinner ... a little nosier than our morning as there were 12 adults and 6 kids milling around. Then came Boxing day ... when the flu bug grabbed hold of me and wouldn't let go. I was sick the rest of the weekend and then had to work all last week ... not fun.

Anyways, onto the fun stuff. As I had mentioned in an earlier post I was making little treat boxes to give out at Christmas and I wanted to share some pictures of the finished product with you. Below the pictures of the completed boxes is what they looked like set out at the place settings on Christmas day.




These boxes are super simple to make and so versatile ... I'm thinking they'd be great for Easter, Valentine's day or a shower or party favour. All you need to do is cut a piece of card stock for the lid at 4 x 5" and a piece for the bottom at 3 7/8 x 4 7/8". Score at 1" on all sides of both pieces. Cut a slit on the score line (I cut the slit on the longer side of the pieces) to make little tabs that can be folded in and secured with either sticky tape or glue. On the long side of the lid cut out a half circle using a 3/4" circle punch. Then just decorate and add ribbon to tie the box closed.

I hope every one's 2010 has started out fabulously. I'm hoping to be doing a lot of creating this year, so hopefully I'll have a lot of things to share with you. This is the year I'd like to put a dent in the pile of photos just waiting to be added to albums. I guess we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for stopping by.


materials used: card stock for the box: Sandylion, card stock for the tags: PTI, stamp set: 2009 Holiday Tag Collection by PTI

No comments:

Post a Comment