Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A hard card to make …

… for a couple of reasons.  A very good friend of mine lost her grandpa yesterday to cancer.  So, to let her know that I’m thinking of her at this hard time I wanted to make a card.  However, I only have one sympathy stamp and it’s a tiny little thing.  So, I ended up using the hydrangea stamp from the ‘Because I Care’ set from Stampin’ Up! along with my little sentiment stamp (thanks for the idea Sarah).

I coloured the flower in with nice subtle shades of pink, purple and blue and then stamped the sentiment on a piece of vellum (thanks Natasha for the tip!) to use as an overlay.  It’s a pretty simple card, but I didn’t want anything too ‘flashy’ considering what it’s meant to say.

sympathy

sympathy - close up 1 sympathy - close up 2 sympathy - close up 3 flower without the vellum overlay

Materials used:

  • card base cardstock: Papertrey Ink
  • paper for stamping and vellum, inks and ‘Because I Care’ stamp set: Stampin’ Up!
  • patterned paper: DCWV ‘Luxury Stack’
  • sentiment stamp: Inkadinkado

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card, Laura! Sorry for your friend's loss. I'm sure she will appreciate your thoughtful card!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your friends loss, I't seems to happen a lot at this time of year, my friend at work lost her mum last month and she was at her best friends dads funeral on tuesday this week :-(

    Your card is just perfect, I love it, the vellum really sets it off and softens the whole card, and your colouring-in of the flower is great, a perfect choice of colours :-)

    ReplyDelete